Wednesday, February 20, 2013

And The Results Show...

I finally heard back from my pulmonology doctor's nurse today about the results of my sleep study and the results show...that indeed I do have obstructive sleep apnea. According to the results I stopped breathing 9.9 times per hour, which is relatively mild compared to others' results. However, although mild I was instructed to come in for a second sleep study on March 5 to be fitted for a CPAP machine. Honestly, I am looking forward to wearing a CPAP to see if it helps me get better and more restful sleep. At this point I will do just about anything to get more rest. I will post about my sleep apnea again after the second sleep study. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. My mom found out that she had sleep apnea several years ago and she loves her CPAP!!! she says she can finally sleep!! she used to toss and turn a lot and wake up coughing or feeling "smothered" She would also sleep all night but not feel rested in the mornings. she says the CPAP has been great!

    ReplyDelete