Friday, February 22, 2013

Letter To My Thyroid

Dear Thyroid,

Yesterday I was sad. I sunk into depression and saw darkness. Yesterday I gained weight. I had no energy to put effort into exercising and eating healthy. Yesterday I froze. My joints ached from the coldness and my mind was numb. Yesterday I created distance. I pushed my family and friends away. Yesterday I finally cried out for help and my doctor, friends, and family answered. Yesterday I went to sleep. Today I woke up. I dragged myself up and out of bed this morning. I took my medication, got dressed for work, and headed out the door. Today I went to work. I got to work on time, sat at my desk and did my job. Today I stayed warm. I wore my coat all day and turned on a space heater under my desk. Today I ate healthy. I had oats for breakfast and plenty of vegetables and fruit. Today I socialized. I went to dinner and a movie with my fiance. Today I stayed awake. I fought hard against my fatigue but I did not give in to it. Tonight I will rest. I will rest my tired eyes and my aching body. Tomorrow I will wake up again. Tomorrow I will work again. Tomorrow I will stay warm, eat healthy and socialize. Tomorrow I will stay awake and I might even exercise. I will do this again because tomorrow I will fight. I will continue fighting for my health. I will continue fighting for my family and friends. I will continue fighting for me.


1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully written!! Keep fighting!! Its hard to do better things for your body and health when you feel crappy all the time. But you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete