Saturday, February 23, 2013

For Visual Learners...

I am addicted to Pinterest and I got the bright idea the other day to look for pins related to hypothyroidism and I found a ton of pins! Some were humorous...some were passionate...and some were informational. I found an interesting visual representation of the symptoms of hypothyroidism that I just have to share with you all.

Retrieved from http://pathologypersonified.wordpress.com/2011/10/29/hypothyroidism/



The symptoms of hypothyroidism are drawn out above and are labeled as follows:

1. weight gain/water retention
2. fertility; reduced libido, heavy menstruation
3. constipation
4. depression, sluggishness
5. dry skin; itchy skin
6. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (I wonder how this is related to hypothyroidism...hmmm...new idea for a future blog post!)
7. fatigue, slowness
8. myalgias
9. goitre
10. Hair - dry, brittle
11. Bruising

This visual representation of hypothyroidism is perfect! This is EXACTLY how I feel and how I feel that I look most of the time. After being so impressed by this picture, I decided to make my own...

My Visual Representation of Hypothyroidism:





Okay, so my visual representation does not include pretty labels, nor does it have a diagram-like quality, but I think it pretty much sums up how I feel about 90% of the time. JUST HYPO...

No comments:

Post a Comment